Kulin Bush Races
Horse Nominations - CLOSED
Please click on the link below to nominate a horse for the 2023 Kulin Bush Races. The racing categories are listed below.
Each rider will need to complete a rider application form by clicking the link below.
Before completing the forms, please make sure you have read and understood all the information provided.
PLEASE NOTE- THE STATUTORY DECLARATION FORM, RELEASE AND WAIVER FORM AND RIDER LICENCE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE PRINTED OFF FIRST AND COMPLETED IN HAND WRITING. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT FORMS FILLED WITH A PDF FILLER. This is a requirement from RWWA.
Step One - Complete The Horse Nomination Form
Complete the Horse Nomination form here:
Step Two - Register Your Approved Rider
Complete the Approved Rider Licence Application form here:
Race 1- West Kulin Whoppa - 400m -12.00pm - Total Value $2800 - 1st $1500, 2nd $750, 3rd $350, 4th $200 - Heavy Horses
Race 2- Pingaring Plate - 800m -12.45pm - Total Value $2800 - 1st $1500, 2nd $750, 3rd $350, 4th $200 - Open class horses
Race 3- Dudinin Dash - 400m - 1.30pm - Total Value $2800 - 1st $1500, 2nd $750, 3rd $350, 4th $200 - Unregistered/Hacks (No thoroughbreds)
Race 4 - Kulin Cup - 1000m - 3.15pm- Total Value $4700 - 1st $2500, 2nd $1250, 3rd $650, 4th $300 - Open class horses
Race 5- Jilakin Classic - 400m - 4.00pm - Total Value $2800 - 1st $1500, 2nd $750, 3rd $350, 4th $200 - Unregistered/Hacks (No thoroughbreds)
Race 6- Tin Horse Hustle - 600m - 4.45pm - Total Value $2800 - 1st $1500, 2nd $750, 3rd $350, 4th $200 - Open class horses
The race rules and conditions will be strictly adhered to for our protection, your protection and to ensure the future of the Kulin Bush Races. Please thoroughly read the conditions below before nominating.
All horse nominations must be approved by Racing and Wagering Western Australia before racing.
** Please note important amendments to the RWWA Conditions of Racing below at points 3 & 6.
RWWA Conditions of Racing
- No person holding a license or permit granted by Racing & Wagering WA may take part in the meeting, other than a licensed bookmaker permitted by RWWA to field at the meeting.
- No horse, which has raced at a registered race or harness meeting or taken part in an official barrier trial since 7th October 2022; or which has been in the care of any person licensed as a trainer under any code at any time since 7th April 2023, may be entered for the meeting. Notwithstanding the above condition, the nomination of any registered thoroughbred or harness horse may be rejected by RWWA Stewards.
- No horse 16 years of age or older at the time the race meeting is held may be entered for the meeting.
- The nominator of each horse entered must complete a Statutory Declaration as to the ownership, identity, age and identification of the horse, together with its racing history (if any).
- Any horse recorded with a Racing Authority embargo that has not been removed by RWWA Stewards prior to the race meeting will not be permitted to start. For the avoidance of doubt, any horse that has been banned for life will be deemed ineligible and its nomination refused. Any horse declared a bleeder and which has not fulfilled the requirements of AR.79 (4) or HR 101B (completed a satisfactory gallop of at least 1000 metres in the presence of a Steward), is not permitted to be entered for the meeting.
- No horse is permitted to start more than once on the same day.
- All horses will be ridden at catch weights.
- No whips (including whipping with reins) or spurs may be used.
- Every rider must wear approved boots, a skull cap which conforms to one of the standards approved by Racing Australia as set out in AR122, and a body protector carrying a manufacturer’s label indicating that it complies with the Racing Australia standard.
RWWA Eligibility of Riders
- No person who has been licensed, or as an apprentice been granted a permit, to ride in races conducted by a registered racing club shall be eligible to ride.
- No person who has held a track work rider's permit at any time since 7th October 2020 shall be eligible to ride.
- No person who has not signed and returned the release and waiver of liability form shall be eligible to ride.
- All intending riders may be required to provide proof of identity.
- All riders must attend a pre-meeting briefing provided by the club official approved by RWWA who has overall responsibility for the conduct of the racing meeting.
Kulin Bush Races Inc Conditions of Racing
- All horses that race in the event will be eligible for a $250 fuel subsidy. This must be collected after your race and before 6pm on race day.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse any nomination.
- The rider must be at least 16 years of age, be a competent rider and have the ability to control the horse they choose to ride.
- No past or present jockeys are eligible to ride in the Kulin Bush Races meeting.
- All riders must wear racing goggles when racing. Sunglasses or industrial safety goggles are unacceptable. The club will have spare goggles available if required.
- All horses and equipment to be in sound condition, and the responsibility of the owner and rider. To ensure safety, unruly or uncontrollable horses will be scratched and removed from the arena.
- All races will be walk up starts.
- Only general-purpose saddles may be used. Track work or exercise racing style pads may not be used, irrespective of their weight.
- No rider shall wear any apparel or use any equipment, which has not been approved by the club.
- If horses have leg bandages for racing, all loose ends to be tucked in and bandages to be stitched. Insulation tape is not sufficient.
- The Course Vet has sole discretion as to the racing fitness of a horse and may withdraw any horse, if, in his/her opinion, it is not fit to race.
- Riders will be given race colours to wear for the race. These are to be returned to the horse office immediately after the final race at the latest.
- All riders are to attend a marshalling meeting at the horse office, located near the round yard, at 10:30am on the morning of the race meeting. This is compulsory. If a horse arrives late, refusal to race can occur.
- Riders are to present ID at the marshalling meeting.
- Owner, rider and horse are to remain at the venue for at least 2 hours after they have raced.
- There will be no swearing or obscene language, otherwise penalties will be given.
- All riders and horses are to remain on the track until the “all clear” is given and competitors are dismissed by the clerk of the course.
- The Kulin Bush Race Committee Inc reserves the right to conduct random testing on all horses for performance enhancing substances.